Quick Links

Skip to main content Skip to navigation



breadcrumbs: IMS: breadcrumbs: Ask the Bureau: breadcrumbs: View Answers


Ajax Loading Image


Host District

Chris Ask 10/8/08 Student has been placed in an AEA sponsored shelter and is Ward of the State. What should I use as the Host district? Chris
John Lee 10/16/08 If this youngster is a "Ward" I will assume that the parents cannot be located in Iowa or are out of state or that Parental Rights have been terminated. If either of those is the case, the Host could be the "friendly" district in which the facility is located. Currently an AEA cannot be the Host and has no provision to claim under either of the District Court (Parental rights terminated) or the Child in Foster Care (Parents cannot be located) programs.



Back To Top