Quick Links

Skip to main content Skip to navigation



breadcrumbs: IMS: breadcrumbs: Ask the Bureau: breadcrumbs: View Answers


Ajax Loading Image


Code for teacher or special education teacher

Mary Jo Nordheim 9/17/12 Does it matter if we use the code 111 for teacher or 391 for special education teacher? This is for a special education teacher, but I see both codes are being used across the state. Is there a correct code we should be using or what is your recommendation?
Michelle Tressel 9/18/12

As you have indicated, it does not appear that there is consistency across the state in how codes are used.  Since you are going to be coding a special education teacher, my suggestion is to use 391 Special Education Teacher.  

FYI...this table will be addressed by the Operations Work Group in the near future.  Unless there are multiple codes for "Special Education Teacher", I anticipate that that code will remain.



Back To Top